QUAKER ELECTRONIC ARCHIVE
Change history since May of 2003:
- Revised "A
Comparison of the N.T. Resurrection Accounts" (4/7/2016)
- Added a passage from The Great Mystery to George Fox: some remarks on the Bible
- Removed "Declaration against certain practices of other Friends"
- Expanded "Isaac
Penington on the ground of unity and liberty" (12/14/2012)
- Added George Fox
-- an exhortation to Friends in the ministry (07/15/2011)
- Added "Concerning Love," by Isaac Penington (1663) (09/22/09)
- Added link to The Postmodern Quaker Blog (07/07/09)
- The most recent update to the current Journal of George
Amoss was made on 06/14/09.
- Added hyperlink in "Reflections on Quaker
Worship & Business Meetings" to Martin Cobin's pamphlet, "From
Convincement to Conversion." (02/02/09)
- Added an
Adaptation of George Fox's Epistle CXXX (adapted by George Amoss Jr.
for use in the Experiment with Light) in the Miscellaneous Material
- Added prepublication copy of
"The Psychology of Salvation: Recovering, Reframing, and Reclaiming the
Early Quaker Experience" by George Amoss Jr., in the Miscellaneous Material
- Added links to Quaker Quest U.K. and U.S.A. in the Outreach Services
- Removed link that had led to the Quaker Views series, which is
currently not accessible on the quaker.org.uk site. (8/23/08)
- Added George Fox on love &
marriage (Epistle 419). (06/22/08)
- Made historical correction about Quakers and slavery to "Nine Questions [and Answers] About Friends"
- Added notes 118 and 119 (Biblical references) to George Fox's "The Pearl
Found in England."
- Organized G. Amoss journal sections under one
heading and added New Journal Entries,
2007-? (12/23/07, updated 12/30/07)
- Added Isaac Penington on the early Quaker view
of Justification (11/20/07)
- Added Isaac Penington: The rule and
guide of a Christian (11/20/07)
- Added link to Isaac Penington's Pacifism -
George Amoss Jr.
- Added link to Whittier poems at Kimo Press: see Poems and Prayers
- Added Excerpt from John Woolman's Journal on
Wisdom and Simplicity (08/28/07)
- Added Peace &
Pacifism section. (02/10/07)
- Added The Cardinal Doctrine of
Quakerism on scripture and inspiration,
by Caroline Stephen (12/12/06)
- Added A Quaker's Buddhist Practice
by George Amoss Jr. (10/17/06)
- Added Truth Cleared from Scandals
by James Nayler (2/20/06)
- Added link to Quaker Information Center: see
- Added link to Friends Conference on Religion and Psychology: see
- Added George Fox -- an exhortation on Jesus's
parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man
- Added "Transcriptions of Messages Given in Worship," the
third volume of selections from the journal of George Amoss Jr.
- Added link to "Reforming
Christianity," an editorial by George Amoss Jr.
- Added The Pearl Found in
England and The Wrath of the Lamb by George Fox --
Added Three selections
from The Great Mystery of the Great Whore by George Fox
(5/22/03 -- Endnote 93 corrected on 5/31/03.)
Added "Called to
peace" -- an epistle by George Fox (5/18/03)
Click here to return to the
Quaker Electronic Archive's Main Page.