How to setup email accounts for:
Windows 8 Mail App
1. Open the Mail app. The Mail app requires that you have an Outlook account before adding 3rd party accounts like QIS accounts or Gmail accounts. If you don't have an Outlook account, it will ask you to set one up. Once set up, log into the Mail app.
2. Hover over the top right or bottom right corner of your screen while inside the Mail app to open the hidden panel on the right.
3. Next Click on Settings.
4. Then Accounts.
5. Then Add an account.
6. Select Other account for the account host.
7. Choose IMAP for the account type.
8. Then, click show more details.
9. Enter in the following information:
a} Username: (Your email address minus @qis.net. For example, sample would be the username for firstname.lastname@example.org.)
b) Password: [yourpassword]
c) Incoming server: mail.qis.net
d) Port: 143
e) Incoming server requires SSL: No
f) Outgoing server: mail.qis.net
g) Port: 587
h} Outgoing server requires SSL: No
i) Server requires authentication: Yes
j) Use same username and password to send and receive mail: Yes
10. Click connect. You should be done with setup and should now receive your mail.
If you are unsure of a setting or if mail is not working for some reason, contact QIS technical support at 410-239-6920.